Located in Calgary, Canada, the Wild Rose or Wildrose Naturopathic Clinic offers degrees in holistic health as well as an onsite clinic. Some of Cananda's leading holistic practitioners see patients at the clinic.
Wildrose Naturopathic Clinic
The Wildrose Naturopathic Clinic (actually spelled Wild Rose) is Canada's foremost holistic medical clinic. The clinic was founded in 1975 by Terry Willard, P.h.D. For over 20 years, the clinic has provided patients with excellent healthcare services. Dr. Willard developed the clinic as a center for holistic knowledge, patient education, and wellness. The clinic, college and online services reflect this mind-body integration philosophy. The clinic is open by appointment Monday through Saturday and is closed on Sunday.
Services Offered at the Clinic
Wild Rose Clinic offers many traditional Western and Oriental therapeutic practices. These include:
- Western and Oriental herbology, or herbal medicine: Herbal medicine, in both the Western and Oriental tradition, uses plant extracts in the forms of teas, tinctures, capsules, poultices and creams to treat a variety of ailments.
- Iridology: Iridology is an alternative health practices in which trained practitioners study the iris, the colored part of the eye, to detect health imbalances. Patterns, colors and other characteristics hint at systemic issues within the patient's system.
- Reflexology: Reflexologists manipulate pressure points in the feet to stimulate body systems for health and healing.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture hails from China, where skilled acupuncturists use small needles to stimulate energy points in the body. Studies indicate acupuncture can be effective at pain management and other problems. Western medicine is gradually accepting the effectiveness of this time-honored Oriental treatment.
- Bach Flower Remedies: Bach Flower Remedies use distilled flower essences to treat emotional imbalances.
- Homeopathy: Homeopathic medicine is based on the laws of similarity, or like treats like. A minute dose of a plant, mineral or other extract is given to patients that mimics the symptoms they are experiencing. Homeopathic medicine is quite safe.
- Aromatherapy: Aromatherapy uses fragrance to stimulate, soothe, or otherwise enhance one's emotional well-being.
- Hypnotherapy: Hypnotherapy harnesses the power of the mind to help patients grapple with addictions, weight loss, and other health related concerns.
The Wild Rose Naturopathic Clinic has assembled one of the most impressive teams of holistic healthcare practitioners in North America. Their credentials include decades of work in herbal medicine and other disciplines. Dr. Terry Willard, for example, has over 30 years of herbal medicine experience and is the author of the famous Wild Rose herbalist textbook series, textbooks used by people studying herbal medicine. Other practitioners are experts in Oriental medicine and other techniques used at the clinic.
What to Expect at the Clinic
If you make an appointment at the Wild Rose Naturopathic Clinic, you'll be asked to complete a series of questionnaires or intake forms. You'll find the typical personal information forms as well as forms specific to your current health status, diet and nutrition and more. These forms are designed to help the healers at the clinic understand your current health status and what may contribute to or take away from your health. Forms can be completed prior to your visit to save time, or the clinic may ask you to complete forms while you're there.
The emphasis at the clinic is on prevention and healthy lifestyle. Various recommendations may be made according to your current health status and any diseases or ailments reported. The emphasis is on helping people live healthy, natural lifestyles.
The Wild Rose College of Natural Healing
The Wild Rose College of Natural Healing offers one of the most advanced courses of study in holistic health. The college offers the following degrees:
- Clinical Herbalist
- Master Herbalist
- Practical Herbalist
- Wholistic Therapist
They also offer online courses and correspondence courses in many fields. Biology, biochemistry, herbology and other natural health courses are offered through seat-based and distance learning programs. If you can't travel to the college, studying online or through correspondence courses can help you acquire additional knowledge of these topic.